The OECI agreed on some application criteria for centres who want to participate. These criteria will contribute to a successful programme for the centres applied.
- OECI membership is required,
- Strong commitment to quality improvement (signature of Director/ Board of Directors),
- Dedicated staff (contact person, project group, all involved employees),
- Stable management structure (no interim management),
- No major changes/problems (expected management change, merger, housing movements, financial crisis),
- Following the steps of the A&D programme with care and within the required timeline,
- Involvement in oncology research and education programmes.
- Cancer care performed on an identifiable unit with an identifiable budget, management and organisational structure;
- The centre has a preliminary designation as: OECI Cancer Centre or OECI Comprehensive Cancer Centre,
- There is an agreement on the designation type between the OECI A&D board and the cancer centre.
For more information on how to become an OECI full or associate member, contact:
OECI Liaison Office - firstname.lastname@example.org.