Applying to the A&D Programme is a voluntary decision of a cancer centre. However, there are a number of obligations thateach cancer centre should meet:
- OECI membership is required,
- Strong commitment to quality improvement (signature of Director/ Board of Directors),
- Dedicated staff (contact person, project group, all involved employees),
- Stable management structure (no interim management),
- No major changes/problems (expected management change, merger, housing movements, financial crisis),
- Following the steps of the A&D programme with care and within the required timeline,
- Involvement in oncology research and education programmes.
- Provision of oncology surgery, radiation therapy and medical oncology,
- Cancer care is performed in an identifiable unit with an identifiable budget, management and organisational structure.
Cancer centres who apply for re-accreditation do not need to fill out the Application form, as they have already been approved to participate in the OECI A&D Programme. They will be notified by the OECI A&D Management Unit how and when they need to apply for their re-accreditation. The re-accreditation process will start after submitting the Designation form in the e-tool.
For more information on how to become an OECI full or associate member, contact:
OECI Liaison Office - email@example.com.